Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sunlight: PM and AM

My newest flowers, planted last spring, are blooming.
They are lovely Canterbury bells, biennials, with soft sun light in the evening. These are the survivors of the grasshopper plague, Summer 2010.
And, yes, the little hoppers are back. Again.
The morning sun is brighter, but the flax is blooming so I had to take more pictures this morning.
Flax.
Pink makes me happy.
Company's coming tomorrow, so I need to keep sorting and cleaning. Then I promised my nephew, aka Santa, that I'd make his favorite meal for supper tonight. He's so easy to please-meatloaf.

6 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Marilyn...

Ohhh...the Canterbury Bells are fabulous, my friend! I have only seen them growing in magazines. They truly are beautiful!!! What a lovely flower garden that you have...now if we can only hold those nasty little grasshoppers at bay! I haven't really noticed them at our place yet, but I'm sure that it's just a matter of time. Thank you for sharing your pretties with us today! I'm sooo glad that you are getting to enjoy your gardening, dear lady!

Love ya,
Chari

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I am so ready to feel better and be able to visit blog land. I lived in Denver for a short while some years back. The lack of humidity is wonderful but also hard - I sure don't like too much humidity. I love the flowers... beautiful! They all made me feel better for a moment! Just stopping by did that! Thanks again! Love, Jenn

i beati said...

such miraculous beauty

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh, what gorgeous flowers to look upon Marilyn. You have a lovely garden. Those bells are heavenly!
Glad to hear they survived those hoppers. :)

My Cottage Charm said...

Your comment made me smile...then blush! :) I'm glad you liked the laundry room reveal..it sure did take a while, but I ADORE it!
Those cantebury bells are to die for...they're one of my favorite flowers of all time. (and foxglove, delphinium and roses) sigh...I love flowers.
Hope you're not stressing out too much with the wedding...saying a prayer or two for you!:)
Hugs
Missy

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful flowers Marilyn. I've heard of Canterbury Bells but never as an actual flower. Gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.