Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Barn Quilts

When taking various routes from Point A to Point B I'm sometimes lucky enough to find a new Barn Quilt.
This one uses the company's colors to create the pattern.
Last Sunday while showing off some of the BQ's in Fort Morgan, we saw this one across from the corner where we were ready to turn. Too many shadows for a great picture this morning, but I take them when I go to town, not planning very well for perfect light.

We spotted this one about a half mile off the road so I went to make sure it really was a BQ block. Couldn't get a clear picture--maybe an eighth of a mile away--so the zoom did its best. I'm not tramping through the fields to get closer!
I know where a few more are that I haven't taken yet, but would like to call and get permission to go in the yard as it is up a long lane. It is a thrifty pastime as all I do is take a detour or two on my way there and back home.

5 comments:

My Cottage Charm said...

Thanks for the bday wishes! :) Sorry your cousin doesn't hang out with the family anymore...he doesn't know what he's missing! :) I think you'd be a blast to hang out with!
Hugs to you my sweet friend!
Missy

Deanna said...

Would like to see some of these barn quilts around here. Think they're really neat!!!

Fun 2 see...thx 4 sharing!
d

Remington said...

SO cool! I have never seen that before! Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

I wish we had BQ's around here. I see beautiful barns but no quilts on them.
Yours are gorgeous!
Hugs,
Donna

DeniseinVA said...

They're beautiful, wonderful photos of them Marilyn. Thank you so much for sharing them. I have never actually seen a barn quilt before. Have a great weekend.