Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Mexican Primrose

It was a perfect morning to be out in the garden pulling weeds. This is the first time I've ever had so many Mexican (evening) primroses blooming. The are in a bed where I put mulch last summer and they must have liked it.
They are pest free at the moment and I haven't seen the millions of baby grasshoppers that I expected. Maybe the cold spring helped to kill the eggs.
Now I must work on things inside this afternoon. Really. I should. I'll have to ignore the call from outside my door. It's really persistent and LOUD. Wedding details need to be taken care of INSIDE. INSIDE...

8 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Simply sweet and beautiful Miss M! Thank you so much for sharing. I don't know much about this flower... But then...I do not have a green thumb.

Love to you~

Rebecca

Bernideen said...

Marilyn: My son said that in Missouri they have a grasshopper that only comes every 10 years and it eats everything! Horrible! Your Mexican Primroses are a lovely Colorado Wildflower!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oooh, it's hard to resist the call of the outdoor garden when inside details must be tended to.
Your flowers are beautiful, Marilyn, no wonder you want to spend more time with them. :)
- Susan

My Cottage Charm said...

I'm glad to inspire you! :)
I have those flowers and didn't know what they were called, so thanks for enlightening me!!
Love ya
Missy

i beati said...

oh so lovely I wish you lived right next door..sandy

Salmagundi said...

Love the primroses! Your garden must be beautiful with everything starting to bloom. Have you had any rain - it's dry here. My next few posts will include some flowers from Germany and France plus some people you will probably recognize. What an enjoyable time I had with the Wiggins people!!! Sally

Donna said...

I have never heard of this flower it is beautiful!
I had rather work outdoors too!
Hugs,
Donna

My Cottage Charm said...

You're not lazy, you're just using your creative juices in the garden and your house! (actually, what am I saying, your blog is beautifully creative!!!...but I'm glad you want to visit me...you always make me smile!)
love ya much girlie
Missy
PS...I get to go to blog jaunt tomorrow in IN/KY....I'm so excited! We're gonna hit all the Goodwills, Antique stores, Peddlers Malls etc. in the area..can't wait! :)