Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bush Morning Glory

Out in my crunchy brown pasture I have a summer UP. (Unidentified plant). It appeared several years ago and I mow around it each summer. Now I know it really isn't a weed and may try to gather some seeds!
This morning I found an old garden section from The Denver Post that had a piece about Colorado native landscape plants and there was a picture accompanying the article that helped me identify my plant. 
Bush Morning Glory
aka Man Root

Until I know what something is I don't touch it as I don't want to have any reaction to it, as in poison ivy. Here's a link with some interesting information: http://www.gpnc.org/bush.htm

Ipomoea leptophylla
One more week of summer break...it's not really a vacation as there is a lot of work to do around here. As in yard & garden, cleaning, and finishing the kitchen cabinets on the other wall.
♥♫

9 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Marilyn,
What beautiful pictures of nature...I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!!
XO
Cindy

Anonymous said...

How pretty! It looks more like a petunia...

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a find!! I just know I could have a plant that would live in a field, but as soon as I tried to cultivate it in a garden it would die!!!

Carol

Jan Hermann said...

So pretty! :)

DeniseinVA said...

It's such a pretty plan and I'm glad you found out what it is. Thanks for the link Marilyn, I'll check it out.

Annesphamily said...

Where did summer go? My goodness time flies by. I see kids in the metro area returned Monday! It is way too hot for school! But year round school takes no break in the summertime.
I love morning glories so when I saw this post! Oh they look so lovely. Best of luck getting the info you need. Hugs Anne

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a nice discovery, finding out what your UP is. It's very pretty - worth mowing around. You've got such a green thumb, Marilyn.

Rhondi said...

Hi Marilyn
Thanks for leaving a comment.Your flowers are beautiful.