Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Celebrate!

Happy Anniversary 
to my sweeties.




 The traditional first anniversary gift is one of paper.
While enjoying lunch at the Pepper Pod in Hudson I noticed that Sarah had on a new necklace. I asked her to take it off and let me see it thinking that she had been playing with beads. Then I saw that some of the colored "beads" were actually origami cranes smaller than a dime! Didn't my smart and cute SIL, Alex, select a perfect paper present for Sarah? This past spring I was trying to relearn creating the cranes for a novel my fifth graders were reading. Those large cranes would look like monsters next to these delicate miniatures.
After the celebration meal Alex and I had to take pictures of this quilt on the wall. If you are traveling through Colorado on I-76 and need to stop for a meal, stop in Hudson. Next time I'm having the Buffalo chicken fried steak! Alex let me taste his and it was fabulous!
♥♫

8 comments:

Salmagundi said...

We always say we are going to stop at the Pepper Pod, but never do -- maybe next time! Cute necklace - he's a keeper - I'm sure you think so, also. Sally

sarah said...

Thanks Mom! We had a terrific dinner at the Pepper Pod yesterday. <3

Remington said...

That is SO nice!

Rose H (UK) said...

What a pretty and thoughtful gift :o) I'm sure it's a treasure.
Have a great week.
Rose H

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Well, that is something I have never tried Origami! That necklace is adorable though. I am still sorry and saddened by your Colorado tragedy...A matter of fact after seeing the monster in court today, I got mad..Why people are now feeling the way to infamy is to do these horrible things to innocent people!

Carol

lambs and ivy designs said...

What a pesrfect gift!!!

And that quilt.....beautiful colors!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Dana

lambs and ivy designs said...

What a pesrfect gift!!!

And that quilt.....beautiful colors!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Dana

Unknown said...

Good job Alex! I love the Pepper Pod but not as much as I love you guys!