Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The E.N.D.

I've learned that as the oldest teacher at my school:
1.  I have the most "stuff" to put away!
2.  It takes me more time to do it!
And now,
  Three more piles to sort through, piece by piece.

On the final day with my Third and Fourth graders, I set out a Tea Time for them. The boys drank more tea and liked it better than the girls! I read a delightful story the day before so it was fun to plan this surprise for them. And yes, it was hot tea that the boys liked.
Our menu included:
Chocolate Eclairs
Lady Fingers with strawberry jam
Tiny tarts with Lemon Curd
White cake, thanks to Little Debbies, sliced in half!
Cucumber Sandwiches
 I gave the students recipes for scones and making lemon curd. There just wasn't any time to bake the night before. Our menu was super easy and just right for kids.

Nothing fancy, but a nice 
The End Activity!



14 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like fun! I never had tea time when I was in school but oh so long ago :)
Have a good weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Bernideen said...

Marilyn - this is so fabulous - I want you for my teacher!

My Cottage Charm said...

OH, I love that you did that for your students..how sweet! I love scones and lemon curd!
I adore my little washtub caddy...I've been wanting one for a long time! My mom used to wash my clothes on a wringer washing machine too. As a matter of fact, I have a LARGE scar on my arm from where I got it stuck in the wringer washer when I was little. :-/ I guess I was a nosey little girl that stuck her hand into places that they shouldn't have been! lol
Have a great summer!
Missy

Salmagundi said...

It's all over except the mess!! Time to relax a little. Sally

The Little White Clothing Company said...

What a lovely way to finish the school year! I'm sure that they will remember their tea party for a long time to come :)
Sue x

Annesphamily said...

Oh Marilyn, what fun! Tell me how you made your cucumber sandwiches! I remember my two youngest children had the same 4th grade teacher. She had them choose a poem and recite it from memory at the Mother's Tea before the school end. I was so proud of both of them and enjoying a quiet moment to reflect on their lives was much fun with other moms! Have a beautiful summer! Hugs Anne

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Now I hope you get a nice break! What a fun event for the end of the year!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, is school already over!! What a great teacher you are! Now you get to enjoy your summer!

Carol

Rebecca Nelson said...

I betcha those boys will NEVER forget you and that tea. My brother's favorite teacher was his 4th grade teacher and she was the oldest at the school. Take heart...my favorite teachers for my kids were ALWAYS the ones looking at retirement. The new ones...um...well I thought I knew more than they did. Enough said.

xoRebecca

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Marilyn...

Ohhh...that is soooo neat that you did a "TEA" with your students. Isn't it funny...one would think that the boys (at that age) would enjoy such an event. That's awesome!!!

My friend, I know exactly how you feel. I am sooo slow these days. Hope you get your school business finished up soon so you can move on to your summer. What did you decide about retiring? Just curious. Sorry to hear that you had to see the dentist as well. Ohhh boy...this has been quite the ordeal for me. It seems that everything that could have gone wrong with my dental surgery/work...did. Thank God for prescription pain meds...I literally lived on them for 3 wks. I am finally down to just taking Ibruprofin...and I do think that works the best. Sending prayers your way, dear friend! Feel better so that you can enjoy your summer break!

Love ya,
Chari

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Ooops...just me again.

I meant to type..."that the boys (at that age) wouldn't enjoy doing tea. Sooo awesome!

Love ya,
Chari

Remington said...

That is so cool! You sound like an awesome teacher, my friend!

DeniseinVA said...

What a lovely way to end the school year. Wish I had you as a teacher, wish I had you as my son's teacher, not just for the splendid repast but because I know in my heart you are a great teacher.

Al said...

The end of this school year brings big changes for us, as our youngest graduates high school, another graduates college, and a nephew graduates from the Air Force Academy! Congratulations on another successful year teaching, you have my respect.