Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

SUPER SIZE

School lunches in my day were not memorable. Well, maybe there is one. More than thirty years ago a particular lunch at school had me thinking I was pregnant. I clearly remember THAT lunch. Stewed tomatoes with macaroni and cheese. Almost lost my lunch that day. I HATE tomatoes. And canned stewed tomatoes would be the worst!  Don't even like anything made with them.  I am weird that way.

Turns out I was pregnant!

Lunches these days are quite tasty and our cooks do a nice job, even though there are days I don't eat in the lunchroom. Those would be the days when there is something made with tomatoes. Oh, and I cannot eat canned green beans. EVER!

We have fresh fruit of some kind every day. Like the small apple on the right. The kids can have either a whole apple or just half of one.

The super sized one on the right is what we got on Friday! Apparently the supplier shipped the wrong size! It would be enough for 4 or 5 kids.
The teachers going through the lunch line could take a large apple, if we wished. Almost five inches tall.

I think I'll make an apple crisp
 and enjoy it for several meals!

♥♫

6 comments:

sarah said...

that apple is HUGE! hope you enjoy it. :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Wow, that apple is huge! I went to a school back in the day in the UK who never offered school lunches. I can't remember if that was just the way it was or if that was just my school. I think we just went home for lunch or maybe took something.

Donna said...

That is a big apple! I don't think I have ever seen one so big. Enjoy that apple crisp!
Hugs,
Donna

Buluran, Alex said...

Hey mom thanks again for the card. You're the best! Apples and teachers go hand and hand.

Remington said...

That is a large apple! Apple crisp? I'll be right over!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, that is some apple...I am with you on the stewed tomatoes!

Carol