Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Tea Time

Going to the city is always entertaining. Shopping is one of those things that is more fun in Denver. Choices...and more choices. On the way to the Christmas section of Target we passed this sweet child's tea set.
Apparently it is a Target exclusive item. Love the colors and the polka dots!

We don't do big gifts in our families, so there is no need for me to go shopping on Black Friday, or whatever the day after Thanksgiving is called.  Crowds tend to make me very uncomfortable, so I'll be staying home enjoying my long weekend!

Sarah and I went to the Sugar Plum Bazaar  and squeezed through the crowds to see some fine looking items for sale. People everywhere! And gigantic purses! Some of the women were totally oblivious where those huge bags were! I guess it was "out of sight, out of mind" for them.

Found a couple of skeleton keys,  an unusual strawberry fork, a baby fork, and some buttons covered in vintage textiles.  The oval platter was a thrift find at GW for 99 cents. It's Johnson Brothers and made in England!  I think I finally found one of those bargains people talk about.

Wishing you all a peaceful Thanksgiving! I will be thinking about the many blesssings I have and sharing food and fellowship with my family.
♥♫

5 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Enjoy your 5 days off! Mike will be home for a couple of days - always a good thing!!! Sally

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You did find a bargain! I'm going on the minimal gifting this year too, my sons wedding out a dent in the budget, but can;t wait, it will be so fun, thank you for your sweet well wishes. Happy Thanksgiving!

Carol

Remington said...

Enjoy your long weekend, my friend! Happy Thanksgiving!

sarah said...

Had a wonderful time this weekend. Love you!

Annesphamily said...

What fun! I love that little tea set. SO sweet!