Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Devotion

Yesterday we celebrated a 65th wedding anniversary! Sarah and her sweetie, Alex, are with Grandpa and Grandma. What can I say? All four of them are so special to me!
The only thing that would have made the day better was to have their son and Sarah's daddy celebrating with us. I still miss him.
♥♫

11 comments:

Donna said...

So sweet! Wonderful picture. I know you miss Wally so much :)
Hugs,
Donna

Salmagundi said...

Congratulations to your in-laws - What a sweet picture. 65 years is a long time! I was just saying to Bob that my maiden name seems so foreign to me, as I only used it 19 years compared to the 54 years as a Saulmon! Have a good week. Sally

Annesphamily said...

There is nothing like phamily! Even when we miss the ones that have gone before us! We a lovely tribute. If you don't mind me asking, how long were you and Wally married? I love to hear about phamily stuff and especially love that is sooooo long lasting! You are a wonderful lady Marilyn! One of these we will have to get together! Your daughter and her honey are very sweet and the in-laws, WOW! A special anniversary. A couple I know, who are patients at my office where I work, celebrated 65 years too! She was a lot younger than him and she is in very poor health and he keeps going strong! Life works in a funny way! We are wise when we grow older and know nothing when we are young! It seems unfair but I suppose God had His reasons!
Hope your week will be blessed! Anne

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh isn't that sweet! 65 years, I bet there is a lot of stories to tell and advise to be given! Happy anniversary!

Carol

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

This photo is so touching, Marilyn. A tribute to LOVE - young and old, and from heaven above.

lambs and ivy designs said...

65 years...wow!! What a blessing!

I am sure that is bitter sweet...and I am sure your husband and their son was missed on this day as well as every day. God bless you all.

Hugs,
Dana

DeniseinVA said...

It is a very special photo Marilyn. A sweet tribute to Wally too.

My Cottage Charm said...

What a precious group you have there! I know you miss Wally....I can't even imagine how much. I love my hubby so much my heart could burst, and I can't imagine a day without him. I'm sorry your heart still hurts.
Thank you for your words and prayers from my last post...it's been a struggle here as of late, but I do know God is in control of it all...that's the only thing that keeps me sane. :)
Have a great "rest of the week"! Love ya much! :)
I think I'll do some Christmas shopping today....maybe it'll take my mind off my issues and the outcome of that election! :) Oy'!

Remington said...

AWESOME! Congrats!

Deanna said...

Dearest Marilyn,
May God comfort you always during those moments that you are missing your sweet husband.

Thinking about you,
d

Rebecca Nelson said...

What I wouldn't give to sit down and hear their stories...

I love it that he's holding her hand.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Love, R
PS: Hope your headache gets better! xo