Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Frosty Trees

The weather on Wednesday was perfect for transforming some small old trees into frosty white ones.
After three cans of white spray paint and three 24" trees and one larger one at 48" tall my index finger was tired. They make me think of a cold foggy morning when my evergreens are covered in frost and looking like a fairy forest.
Next on the list is to move some furniture around in the living room and get the mantle and hearth cleaned and ready for an inside forest for Christmas. Maybe the elves will decide to help.

16 comments:

Kathy said...

These look nice. I paused in the middle of my decorating to take a break and read some blogs - Seems many of us are doing the very same things! I hope you have a blessed weekend,
Kathy

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Sweet Romantic Notions.' Your blog is so pretty and charming. I really liked the quote by A. A. Milne. Me and my daughters started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with peace, and I am leaving here on this Sunday with a smile. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Salmagundi said...

What a nice way to 'spruce' up trees! Well, football is over - Mike is glad as he had to announce 7 games this year instead of the usual 4 or 5. No one should ever say that teachers don't put in their time. We know better, don't we? Sally

Donna said...

Love your trees and so creative! Can't wait to see them in place :)
Your ornament is ready to be mailed Monday.
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow these are great...such wonderful Christmas decorating ideals....I'm gonna try it ....

Rose H (UK) said...

Great job!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love the frosty trees! Oh how I wish I had a few elves to help me with my decor. When I was younger I would start the day after Christmas. Decorate from dawn to dusk and be done in 3 days. Boy, am I getting old or what? This girls old back won't let her do that anymore. I actually took today off. Thought I would do a little after church, but nada. I mean, how many ups and downs on a ladder can one person handle? Oh mustn't complain, I truly do love it all!

Deanna said...

Like what u have done!!! Neat o.

Have a great week!
We're expecting icy weather this week-end.
God bless,
d

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your trees are looking festive !
Lovely....
~Jo

Rebecca Nelson said...

Now girly you KNOW KNOW KNOW I love love love them!

xoRebecca

Unknown said...

Great work
toronto limo services

Remington said...

Very nice -- however, if you needed snow to make them white -- all you had to do was ask....I would love to send you some....(that is when our next shipment arrives....)

Al said...

Nice trees, but you may just need to leave them outside this week to get them covered in white!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a great idea Marilyn! They look wonderful all covered in 'snow'. I hope some elves will be helping you...
Take care,
Susan

Annesphamily said...

Hi Marilyn! I was so late posting due to this crazy snowy weather today! Come visit tomorrow. Hugs Anne

Anonymous said...

That's great! Mom bought one of those sprayer gadgets to go on the spray cans to relieve the finger pressure. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. The trees look great.
Thanks for coming by the other day. I know you truly know that hospital waiting time zone. And you're right, it's not connected to the one we live in daily.
Take care. Love & Hugs, Jenn