Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Patricia Polacco at CCIRA



Last Friday at CCIRA in Denver 700 of us had lunch with Patricia Polacco, a wonderful children's author. She read The Keeping Quilt to us and brought along the original, tattered and torn quilt from the story. She had us laughing and crying during her presentation. Today it was important to me to share with my students about my experiences last Thursday and Friday so I read another one of her stories.

I hope that if you are a parent, you will continue to read aloud to your children. The 5th graders listened just as raptly as the younger kids.

2 comments:

sarah said...

see how amazing something as simple as a quilt can be? inspiring stories! this is why i want the one you made back! i don't care if it's coming apart. :-)

Dianne said...

I surely understand your comments about Patricia Polacco. I am very blessed to be able to call her my friend. I read one of her books every first Monday of the month at a retirement center. The residents LOVE her books and illustrations. I have never known an author who can touch more people ages 2-100+ than Patricia Polacco.