Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4


The front of my birthday card from my sweet girl and SIL. 
My Story
Many years ago my mom, dad, aunt and uncle went to the movies one Saturday night. The next time they saw each other was the next day at the hospital.  I really don't know if the cause of two babies being born that day was the result of too many peanuts the night before or not. It is what I've been told!! I arrived first, 20 minutes before my cousin made his appearance.

Ricky and I celebrated our birthdays together for many years. We each had our own cakes--his fancy with special decorations made by his mom, a Home Ec teacher. Mine had to be tastier as my mom always baked it and made her yummy frosting. At the time, however, I was always a wee bit jealous of his pretty cake.

This is the second year without him, and I know his mom still misses him, as do I. I like to think he is celebrating with our dads and grandma.

If  your child hasn't heard about the special story of  her/his birth, please take time to share it soon. I've told Sarah her story about how I was watching Little House on the Prairie (7:00 p.m.) and for the first time that day thought I should be timing the odd feelings I was having all day long. Long story, but it was time to get to the hospital!!
♥♫

8 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Happy Birthday! I, too, shared a birthday with a cousin, but she was younger. Now I share with our daughter -- guess I wasn't meant to have a birthday all of my own! Hope yours is great. Mike just called and said it was snowing again, but was NOT hoping for a snow day tomorrow. He needs to get some testing done, and a lot of kids will be gone Thursday & Friday for something. He was gone today for NHS trip to a play in Denver. Hard to squeeze in school - LOL. Take care, Sally

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to my own special OMM. I am glad that you were born and I celebrate you! LOVE YOU!

Stephanie said...

What a precious post, Marilyn. Happy Birthday to you, sweet friend! I hope your day has been full of joy and special blessings.

And speaking of sharing birthdays...my son was born on my birthday - wow, what a gift! :)

My Cottage Charm said...

I loved your story, but I'm sorry about your cousin passing. Happy birthday sweet girl! I need to re-tell my oldest the story of his birth...it was funny. I got up to go to the bathroom at 1:00 or 2:00 I the morning, and I knew I was finished, but the water kept coming....my water broke while I was sitting on the potty. :) TJ worked third shift, and got home in record speed. Lol there's a lot more to it, but I won't make you read it all on your birthday!! Lol hope you have a wonderful day!

Deanna said...

Sweet Blessings and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
Marilyn, you have a precious birthday story!!! Sharing our children's birthday story are wonderful to have.

Winter is here for sure and I think I finally can admit that. I seemed to run from this reality. Hope you're enjoying your retirement.

We'd better go outside and play in the snow before we are too old to enjoy it. Snow angels.

d

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great story! I am so sorry you lost your cousin way to soon. You know, I don't know if I have ever told my son about the day he was born??? I will share that soon. Hope you got to finish "Little House On the Prairie" That is such a great show (I still like the reruns)

Carol

Donna said...

I forgot we share a birthday!! Happy Birthday two days late :( I didn't see it on FB ..
Hugs,
Donna

Lady of the Manor said...

What a wonderful story!! I think we should share lots of our stories with our loved ones. These will be the yarns they tell about us when we're gone but never forgotten. Happy birthday a bit late. Sorry to hear about your cousin but you're right, he is celebrating in Heaven!