Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Verse.1

Be still,
and know that
I am God.


Psalm 46:10 (NIV)

I noticed that I've almost reached my two year anniversary in the Land of Blog. Then I remembered trying to have a Bible verse on Sundays and feel a need to start doing it again. I've decided my guide word for this year is "SIMPLIFY", so no picture, just the words that speak to me today. Perhaps they will speak to you as well.


5 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Wanna know something?

Sometimes I sit quietly alone and say this very thing over and over and over again until my mind, heart and soul are stayed upon Him.

Happy New Year sweet friend.

Love, Rebecca

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely post Marilyn. And congratulations on your upcoming two year anniversary.

Herbgirl said...

SIMPLIFY.....I am feeling the need to do just that myself. I'm glad to hear you are still enjoying the give-away goodies. The garmet racks I ordered with my 'winnings' have been shipped so I will be in organizing land very soon. Happy New Year!
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

mo said...

I love this post. Well done and really refreshing to me. *hugs*

My Cottage Charm said...

Marilyn, you have NO idea how much that verse speaks to me! A few years ago we found out my son was on drugs (the oldest) and I cried and tried to "fix" everything. God gave me that scripture from 7 different sources over a 7 day period, and I knew to let go and let GOD. God took care of the situation and my son is now drug free. :) I still cling to that verse because my son isn't living for God, BUT I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, MY God can do anything. He can melt the coldest heart, so I know he can reach my son. Thank you for the verse today..I've been struggling the past few days with believing God is going to reach my child because he's so hard headed,(my child, not God! lol) but there's that verse again! Thanks for being used by God..I Love you dearly!
Hugs
Missy
PS..I smiled so wide when you said you prayed for a turtle....God cares about everything we need! :)