Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weekend getaway

After a Reading First conference in Colorado Springs last Friday, Sarah drove down from Denver to pick me up at the Antlers Hotel. We then went west through Old Colorado City and found our cottage/cabin in Manitou Springs. It was a great place to stay and my bed was as comfortable as my own. I slept well, especially since I brought my own two pillows! Yes, I took them in to the room at the Hilton the night before the conference, too!
Saturday was a cold day to be out and about and we had to be very careful with the drizzle freezing on the sidewalks. When it's icy, I'm more cautious than ever and Sarah had to be careful because she had sprained her ankle a week before and it was still quite sore.

I told her we'd go back another time since we didn't get very far into the mountains because of the road conditions. On the way back to Colorado Springs, we found the interstate was closed because of a 30 car pile-up. Without a map we just headed east, then north, and managed to avoid the whole mess and not get lost! I was so turned around, but 'Dot' assured me we were heading north. (It sure felt like we were going SOUTH).

We were both happy to get home late Saturday afternoon.

No comments: