Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

First time blogging


Greetings to all!

This is my very FIRST posting! I am so new at doing this I know I'll have many questions to ask our daughter, Sarah. Thankfully she often travels back from Denver to visit. Her dad and I love having her come home and bring Buster, her very spoiled pound puppy.

Special thanks goes to Cindy at My Romantic Home for her encouragement in starting a blog. I mentioned that one of my goals for 2009 is to begin a blog...and here it is, only the second weekend of January, and I am doing it!

No pictures or links yet. Those will be the next items on my list of things to learn about in the near future.

Today is the one year anniversary of a miracle in our family. It was 10 below with a wind chill making it a horrible time to be out and about. My husband was driving slowly on the icy roads when he was hit by a SUV that was traveling too fast and coming off the interstate. Since this driver couldn't stop at the stop sign, she pushed his car into the path of a loaded cattle truck. Because of the icy roads, the semi wasn't going very fast (this driver knew how to drive in winter), so Wally was able to climb out of the car. Now, a year later, after surgery, lots of therapy, many refills on pain meds, he still has some back pain that bothers him. However, he is still here...singing in the choir at church and in his chorale group that he loves so dearly. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

1 comment:

Gone said...

What an awesome miracle!!! PTL!!!