Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

SUNDAY

I Corinthians 2:9

"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him."

The flowers are from my 85 year old mother's garden by her back door. These snapdragons are in their second year and were even fuller until one of our recent storms blew them over. She loves to be outside working in the garden and hoeing weeds. My grandparents were Germans that came from Russia in the early 1900's and had to work in the fields during the spring and summer. That work ethic came down through the generations and is still thriving everyday. My mom still lives on the farm where my dad, then my brother and I grew up (just a few years ago!!) Today she mostly has flower pots, while my brother and I take care of this area so my mom won't fall in the rock garden.

1 comment:

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

It's such a beautiful garden, and I know your mother must be thankful to have you help her out.