Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Moving In

Ali's house has occupants! Her family bought the house almost across the street at the end of last October. The outside walls remained the same, but most everything else changed.
Kitchen back door before:
New French doors and a walk in pantry.
STEEP stairs with not even space for a person's foot to stand on each step.
Half wall and a small closet removed. Notice the handrail angle-almost like a ladder!
Much safer now!
Living room now has a cathedral ceiling.
Window removed for a new front entrance.
Wide door to accommodate Ali's wheelchair
Walls between bathroom and bedrooms were removed.
Ali's desk area and a glimpse at her dressing room and shower.
The picture below shows the former bedroom that became the shower and the narrow hall with a linen closet, the kitchen closet, and a peek into the kitchen.
Looking into the living room through a charming archway.
Kitchen before the cabinets were painted and distressed.
New counter tops and the curved shelves taken out at the end of the cooking island so there's more space for Ali to maneuver around in the kitchen.
I'm so happy to see that there is still a curved arch way into the living room!
At the bottom of the stairway there is a small hall going to Sarah and Alex's bedroom or to the bathroom. If you go through these double doors, you are in another room that doubles as a bedroom/office area. The bed is just to the left in the picture.
The short wall makes it seem more like a bedroom.
Both bedrooms now have the egress windows required by code.
Sarah and Alex's master bedroom before:
With the new window and other one removed as it was under the new front door.
Shelves on both sides of a large walk in closet.
Double vanity before the mirror arrived. Tub and shower are to the right.
Everything smells new because it is!! Lots of work to do and a few things to move from my house that haven't fit in the car. I'm just happy they have a home to live in! We are thankful for all the work that has been done to this house to make it as nice for Sarah and Alex as it is for Ali.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Everything is looking great! I love all the updates.
I know how it is with a wheelchair ... takes more space.
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

Oh I have been so limited with my computer time that I have not stopped in for some time..I'm sorry and I shall visit more...love all the work..rooms are looking great! Dont forget to enjoy some of the summer...

Sandy Kessler said...

so loving the colors come and do mine sandy

Kathy said...

Everything is coming along nicely! Looks great!
Kathy

Remington said...

WOWZERS! That was a lot of work....but looks amazing! Bravo!

Rebecca Nelson said...

All I can say is a big FAT WOW! I'm sooo excited I'm jumping up and down. LOVE IT!

xoRebecca

Rebecca Nelson said...

Had to come back and tell you I don't pray for patience anymore. I get TRIALS when I do to see if my prayers are working!

ARGH!

xoRebecca

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Wow, such big changes! It all looks so nice and new now, and I love that they kept arches. My home has arches, and they are appreciated.
I'm sure Sarah, Alex and Ali will be very comfortable.
Enjoy!
- Susan

Terra said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your blog, and the home improvements you are showing are tremendous.