Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Super Harvest Moon

While chatting with Sarah last night, she wanted me to go outside and look at the Super Harvest Moon.
I took these pictures in the eastern sky around 9:00 p.m. The moon kept hiding behind the clouds so Sarah couldn't see it in Denver. I leaned on the car so I might have a steady arm and took a few pictures for her.
Then this morning I wanted to take a few more pix in the western sky, so I'm outside at 5:30 in my jammies before the trucks start hauling the ensilage to the dairy.
It was cloudy again so I clicked when the clouds moved out of the way.
The super harvest moon is a rare phenomenon when the full moon and the autumnal equinox coincide. "It's the first time the two events have occurred at the same time since 1991. Custom holds that a "Harvest Moon" provides farmers with extra light as crops come in." (CNN.com) You may read about it here.

Thanks to my baby for letting me know about this. It's something her daddy would have loved!

2 comments:

Salmagundi said...

I've been checking the moon recently, but forgot to look last night. We have a mountain really close on the west, so I better go look right now. Hope you're having a great week. Sally

Ewa said...

nice capture!!