Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Victorian Christmas Party

Until I received a reminder in my email, I'd forgotten I said I'd be interested in the Victorian Christmas party at A Delightsome Life! Thank you Kathy!

Ornaments that decorate the tree and are homemade are the most delightful part of the Christmas spirit in my house. This one came from an ornament exchange last year!
At the moment I'm not sure if Santa was part of the Victorian celebration, except in Clement Moore's "The Night Before Christmas", one of my all time FAVORITE holiday stories to share with my classes at school. Here we have our own Santa with Jade, a great niece, very interested in Santa's beard! This Santa was only 21 at the time.
These two guys get to goof off while Santa's reindeer do all the work during the holidays.
Working in the kitchen is more fun when the resident Gingerbread Family has relatives drop in during December. The wee boys and girls stay with me all year long to spice up my life.
The nativity scenes are honored in our home and this is just one on the front door. It will go to school next Saturday to be included with our other ones in the Nativity Room during the TPO Craft Show. I'm thrilled to be in charge of this gift to the community and hope for lots and lots of visitors.
During the holidays I am trying to simplify my decorations, so the wreaths are permanent and ready to hang. I put them up throughout the house and can spend more time on other things.

One with thimbles,
one with needlepoint ornaments, made before Sarah was born,
and a new one from last year with a wreath hanger.
Now it's time to have my Annalee elves come out to play. They might be here this afternoon! Have a Delightsome Holiday visiting all the participants! ♥♫

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Hi Marilyn,
Love the wreaths!
Have a blessed month,
d

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Marilyn,
What a lovely post! Your gingerbreads are darling and the wreaths are beautiful! Kathy's Victorian party is sure to be a splendid affair! I am linking up my Tea Time party this week with hers. Hope you have a lovely week, my friend.

Christmas Blessings,
Sandi

sarah said...

did you find your elves? I think that wreath is the one you gave grandma alice now that i think about it.

Donna said...

All of your wreaths are gorgeous! I love homemade ornaments and the memories that go with them. And what would the season be without a wonderful nativity scene!
I love gingerbread people too!
Hope you have a good week. I think of you often.
Hugs,
Donna

Kathy said...

Hello! What an adorable picture of the child with Santa! Love how their looking directly at each other! Precious! You have a wonderful collection of wreaths! Each are decorated wonderfully. Thank you for joining me this week at Christmas with Victoria - you've made it all the more special,
Kathy

Terri said...

Lovely post, and your holiday decorating looks beautiful. I love the picture of Santa and baby1 So sweet.
Hugs,
Terri

Sherry said...

It is alway fun to take out those ornaments that we use each year. Your wreaths are beautiful and your nativity scene to remind all of us of the real reason for the season. I enjoyed my visit with you today. The picture of baby and Santa is priceless.

Unknown said...

nice