Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time for tea

Saturdays should be for relaxing with a cup of tea. Not today. Going to help Dot clean after her roommate moved.
This is the first pretty cup and saucer I found while thrifting. Of course, it most likely wasn't a bargain as I like to grab what I like when I see it. Sadly it seems the junque stores think they are antique stores and have prices to match. I've read that comment several times in the past year. :-(
A bone china set from England labeled "Duchess", established 1888. It is the one that was under "glass".
Thanks for the comments about the Towle bowl. It is 10 inches across and 8 inches tall and rather heavy, so it won't be turned into a bell. It would be a rather impressive one, wouldn't it? And about the same weight as the low, low C in my English hand bell choir!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi Marilyn!!!
wow it is still cold in your neck of the woods, in the 30's!!!!
I love your tea cup find, I say if you LOVE it buy it!!!! Think how sad you would be if you had not gotten that beautiful tea cup set. I love it!!!!
have fun with your daughter cleaning, I love to clean so that would be fun!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend
hugs,
jamie

Bernideen said...

This is really a beauty!

Elaine said...

I agree. Thrift shops are getting very pricey. I used to find bargains, now it seems everything is overpriced.

I have a few Duchess tea cups. Yours is lovely.