Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Design Style

Decorating Personality: Take the test at BHG.
Being at home on President's Day gave me time to discover I'm --Country French!?  Really?


"You are drawn to a rustic but refined style that feels comfortable and livable for today's families. Your version of Country French style may be rustic (think glazed pottery and chunky woven baskets) or more refined (think gilded details). Either way, patterned fabrics such as toile, stripes, and fleur-de-lis motifs will help you set the tone. Incorporate details such as stucco walls, wrought-iron accents, and furniture with carved details for an old-world look". 
 
Took the test again, changing two or three responses. Now I'm--Cottage.
 
"Laid-back" best describes your way of life, which means Cottage style is right up your alley. You love rooms that feel casual, breezy, and informal. Consider slip covered furniture and painted wood pieces to achieve a put-your-feet-up vibe. Use crisp white as the ideal backdrop for layers of soft accent colors found in pillows, rugs, and vintage accessories."

Maybe I'm somewhere between the two. One thing I know for sure...I'm not a decorator. I just use what I  like. And it is "homey"-- now that's MY style.

♥♫

5 comments:

Jocelyne said...

Thanks for sharing, I like to take little quizzes like this. Funny thing is first time I was Country French and the second time I was Cottage too! I like the pictures of the cottage ideas more than the county french. I think I am a little of both too. Who knows? I like what I like and it's got to be usable, not just for pictures, know what I mean. If I can't use it, put my feet on it, lay in it, etc. - what's the use? Guess I'm not a decorator either! Oh well.

Donna said...

I am a little of both too! Mine changed too after I changed answers. I could have chosen two styles on each choice.
I am not a decorator either! Just a collector of whatever I like :)
Hugs
Donna
Hope you enjoyed your day off!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What fun, I'm cottage, I call it Homey and comfortable too!

Carol

Deanna said...

Cottage.
So ready for Spring!!!

Remington said...

That is really neat!