Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Today's Flowers - #112!

It's #112 for Today's Flowers! That's more than two years of fun for everyone so once again, I owe a big thank you to the team that makes this possible!
I was out yesterday afternoon avoiding work in the house and noticed my tansy was showing a second set of flowers. This plant is one that is considered a weed here in Colorado and can't be purchased at a garden center. The flowers can be dried and used in fall crafts.
The alysum smells so sweet and looks better now that it has cooled off a bit. My mom has some double petunias so I decided to try one this year. Her's always look so much better, but then I remembered that she plants three or four pots in one planter!
The Autumn Joy continues to turn darker.
Both pictures were taken Saturday afternoon, just at different ends of the "hedge" on the side of the garage.
Daytime temperatures will reach the mid 80's this week, so I'm thinking it may be another week or two until Indian Summer arrives.

11 comments:

sarah said...

your autumn joy is looking so pretty. next time you'll have to do your mums.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful flowers, The double petunia is gorgeous! I love it. We have not had the first frost yet summer our Indian summer has to be after the frost.

Larry said...

I can almost pick up the fragrance of that white alyssum and the double petunia! L

Lui, Heaven said...

They all look beautful!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I always wonder what the Autumn joy is called hehehe, thanks for sharing it here. Lovely weed.

Creeping Phlox

SandyCarlson said...

Gorgeous autumn colors!

this is my patch said...

I have Sedum Autumn Joy flowering in my garden at the moment. I really like it, and so do the bees and butterflies. It's a great border filler, and adds so much colour to the garden at this time of year too :)

Salmagundi said...

I'm loving this weather - just like your beautiful yard. We need that first frost; then it will be my favorite time - Indian Summer. Have a great week. Sally

Joanne Olivieri said...

Weeds can be beautiful too :) Love the petunia and wonderful, colorful shots.

Unknown said...

with that first photo or rather the comment, you gave me the idea for my next craft project,
great photos!

My Cottage Charm said...

Glad you liked my cards!! I had such a great time making them all. :)
I always love looking at your flowers...they're so pretty. That tansy should not be considered a weed...it's beautiful! :)
Have a great day!
Hugs!
Missy