Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4a
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Lord be with you! The Lord bless you! ..." ~ Ruth 2:4 NIV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ A. A. Milne
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." Gracie Allen
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” –e.e. cummings

Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of the Lord.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Today's Flowers



The flowering quince has more red buds than it's ever had.
It blooms on old wood so I don't cut it back except to trim some of the branches that are in the way.
Early evening isn't the best time to take pictures, but I like the way the background came out so dark. Don't know how or why, though.
I saw several bushes in bloom as Sarah and I were out and about in Denver this weekend. Lots of blossoms on the ones that are protected in the city.

This tree is next door to Sarah. Have no idea what kind of tree it is.
The flowers are not nearly this pink--more of a pale orchid color and very small and lacy looking.
Most of the trees I've seen like this are always in town. Wish I knew what it was. The bark seems to be darker than most trees. It is not peach, pear, cherry, apple, or flowering almond. There doesn't seem to be any sort of fruit later in the season, either.

I'm linking to Today's Flowers, so enjoy!

5 comments:

sarah said...

that tree smells so good. hardly any snow here fyi. and it was almost all gone when i woke up this morning!

sarah said...

i think that tree might be a Japanese Flowering Tree. http://www.arborday.org/shopping/trees/treeImages.cfm?ID=9

Bernideen said...

Very beautiful indeed!

DeniseinVA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful series of flowers, thank you so much for sharing these with Today's Flowers. I apologize for deleting my last comment. My fingers are cold and wouldn't let me type properly, and I forgot to proof read :)